It had been unseasonably chilly for a long, long time. Then BOOM! The heat index is in the 100s and my garden and myself are suffering. Nonetheless, I have these Kiss My Aster approved helpful hints to help get you through a heat wave.
- Take off any rings you wear on a daily basis because in the heat your fingers will swell up. For me this means removing my wedding band and therefore shaking what my Mamma gave me a little more than I would while I'm wearing it.
- I should buy stock in mint Bronner's soap. It's the minty-est!
- While I'm watering, I strap on a hydration backpack to sip on so I don't pass out. It can be trying to get the margaritas in there though.
- When it's this hot outside, I insist on wearing a few strands of myrrh beads. The hotter and sweatier I get, the better I smell. Can't beat that!
- I'm not watering my garden, I'm only spot watering my containers because most of them are succulant. That's sustainability, not just for the garden, but for myself.
After today it's supposed to dip back down into the 80s, so I'll have to get my dupa back out there and weed. Think I'll need a bigger hat?
I heard it's air conditioned in the forum.