From time to time, I like to interview people I like/admire/stalk. However, I'm far too lazy to actually interview anyone, so I've stolen adapted the questions used on Inside the Actors Studio for my own slacker purposes.
Today on Inside the Aster's Studio we get to stalk Susan Cohan. I love blogs that focus on design and ideas and... eye candy and Susan's blog Miss Rumphius' Rules delivers! I've stalked her so hard that I drove a couple of hours to hang out with her for the day once-- And when she asked how long my drive was, I nonchalantly mumbled "Oh, only mrrphh flllrph. It's SOO nice to meet you!"
And I'd do it again!
So, without further ado...
- What is your favorite horticulture-related word? Spring
- What is your least favorite horticulture-related word? Insecticide
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally (in the great outdoors)? Beautifully designed outdoor spaces that respect the land
- What turns you off? The word 'design' written on the side of every pickup truck...when they're clearly not qualified
- What is your favorite horty curse word? Manure! or a derivation of that
- What outdoor sound or noise do you love? Clinking cocktail glasses at a patio party
- What outdoor sound or noise do you hate? Gas blowers, trimmers and mowers - just raking the lawn would help reduce America's obesity epidemic
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Actor
- What profession would you not like to do? Accountant
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say about your garden when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Would you like to redesign the Garden of Eden?
More about Susan: "Great design and fabulous gardens make me happy so I became a landscape designer. Has that worked? Pretty much. I've been a designer my entire adult life but it took me twenty years to put the two together. I write about garden design on my blog--Miss Rumphius' Rules and in Horticulture because not enough people write about design from the perspective of gardens and landscapes. I guess you could say I'm design obsessed."
Now you want to stalk her too, right?