Welcome to the first episode of Nest in Style on Horticulture Radio. In this episode, co-hosts Jayme Jenkins and Teresa O’Connor share plants, products and tools that are ideal for small outdoor spaces. Regardless of the size of your garden, you’ll find tips to make gardening more enjoyable.
Be sure to enter our Greenbo Railing Planter giveaway too!
Create Impact with Small Space Plants
- ‘Black Mondo’ grasses and ‘Lime Rickey’ heuchera
- ‘Peewee’ or ‘Little Honey’ oakleaf hydrangea
- ‘Golden Fleece’ dwarf goldenrod
- ‘Bloomerang’ reblooming lilacs
- ‘Madelene Hill’ rosemary (overwinters in Zone 6), plus other herbs
- ‘Summer Ice’ daphne
- Sweet Box or Sarcoccoca
- Elder trees and Elder fritters from Seasonal Wisdom
- ‘Heirloom Pepperbox’ poppies from Renee’s Garden Seeds
- ‘Edible Red Leaf’ amaranth from Botanical Interest
- ‘Scarlet Sentinel’ columnar apple tree (disease resistant)
- ‘Tom Thumb’ peas from Seed Savers Exchange
Great Products for Small Space Gardens
Enter to Win a GreenBo Railing Planter!
Simply tell us your favorite tips for using plants, products or tools in small spaces within your garden, and you’ll be automatically entered into this giveaway contest. The winner will be announced during our next episode of Nest In Style on Horticulture Radio in March. Good Luck!
Coming Next: Join us in March for another episode of Nest in Style on Horticulture Radio. We’re talking seeds, and we’ll tell you about great products and tools that make growing plants from seeds more enjoyable.
Sign up for Horticulture’s FREE email newsletter and be the first to know when a new episode of Nest in Style on Horticulture Radio is live! PLUS, you can subscribe quickly and easily to all Nest in Style episodes (including our special product reports for Horticulture Magazine) on iTunes or aHa! Home & Garden.
Have a good story idea? Leave your comments or suggestions below.